
Here is Lexie's coat. Notice it has no "tag" on the inside collar. . .
Alexia left her coat on the playground the other day at lunch. She was so worried she wouldn't be able to find it. The next morning it turned up in the lost and found at school, so she asked if she could borrow a Sharpie to write her name in it. I started to take her coat from her and just do it myself but I thought, "I really do too much for my kids, I need to let them be a little more independent."
I handed her the Sharpie and she proudly wrote her name and phone number. She put the lid back on her marker and commented on how strange it is that her coat didn't have a tag. I didn't think anything of it until I looked at her coat.

How to creatively solve the problem of not having a "tag" in your coat.
I guess we won't be handing this one down to anyone! :-)
Story #2. . . Hunter and the Phone Book. . .
Hunter brought me the phone book earlier wanting me to look up his friend's phone number. It wasn't in there, so he wondered if our family was in there. I showed him "Comeau, Douglas and Alicia" and he was very impressed. Next, I showed him Grandpa and Grandma Foster's number "Foster, William and Betty". He sounded out the F-o-s-t-e-r. He was blown away!
Hunter: "That is SO cool! Where am I?"
Mom: You have to have a phone in order to be in the phone book.
Hunter: That's not fair.
Mom: Well, that's the whole point of a phone book.
Hunter: Foster doesn't have a phone!
Mom: (finally clueing in) OH! That's not FOSTER, that's Grandpa and Grandma Foster.
FYI: Jenny and Jon have a son named Jonathon Foster Miller. We call him Foster.

No comments:
Post a Comment