Thursday, May 8, 2008

Young Women's General Broadcast







What beautiful girls! Keni, Kieyera, and Kayla!














There's nothing like ice cream on a freezing cold day! :-)








I had the opportunity of going to the Young Women's Broadcast with Mikayla and some of her friends. Other than getting lost from our group and having to hang out in the cold for what seemed like FOREVER, we had a really good time. I can't believe my baby girl is a young woman! I enjoyed spending the time with her. Even with all of our little mishaps, I would jump at the chance to do that again!

14 comments:

JenM. said...

It is crazy to me, too that Mikayla is old enough to be going to Young Women's (let alone BEING one!) That is really neat that you guys were able to go the broadcast. I have great memories of going to the broadcasts with Mom (of course they were actually the "broadcast" and not in person). I am sure that Mikayla will remember this!

Tanya said...

I was just looking at my wedding pictures of her when she was just a baby girl!! When did this happen? Sigh!! Glad you had a fun mom and daughter date.

Alicia said...

Don't close your eyes, dear sisters, because alas, when you open them your sweet little girls will be TEENAGERS! Time truly does fly when you're having fun!!

alisha said...

Alicia I just wanted to tell you thank you for being such a great listener-I know that I could tell you in person, but it's much more fun to blog it. Also, I came home tonight to find Andy standing in the kitchen wearing a suit coat, shirt and tie (his first ever suit coat) and pants. After I told him how nice he looked, he made sure to point out that it took him 15 MINUTES to pick out a shirt,tie, coat and pants. 15 minutes!! No, he wasn't rubbing it in or pointing out how difficult I have made this. I am pretty sure that he was telling me how sorry he was about how difficult he had made things in a wierd twisted sort of way, knowing that I could have made a decision about my apparel in 15 minutes too, but of course I didn't want his opinion. . . or did I?
Sorry to use your blog for my own personal agenda.

Alicia said...

Alisha--feel free to use my blog however it helps you! I'm sure if you were searching for your dress without any "help" (imagine me doing air quotes here), you would have found one in 10 MINUTES ;-). Keep smiling.

alisha said...

i know that i shouldn't be using "school time" to blog but "thank you" for letting me "vent"

Alicia said...

"Isn't" that "what" prep "time" is "for"?

alisha said...

oh yes, i seem to be using everyones "prep time" to "vent my frustrations" i must just be a "self-centered" "time waster" i should just go live in a van down by the river. or am in the "wrong sketch"?

Alicia said...

No, it's the right "sketch" but since you have contacts now I don't know if you can "still" have the same effect"."

Alicia said...

Alisha--Gardner Village has some AWESOME music. You should see my "interpretation" of "You Can Call Me Al." Let's just say it blows my cheers OUT OF THE WATER :-) You have never experience anything like it!!!!

alisha said...

I would love to see your "interpretive" "dance" !! I will even "wear" my glasses so that I can "see" it better. I am glad that my family blog was so "inspiring"

Alicia said...

I'll give you a "tantalizing tidbit" (how's that for "alliteration"?) during the "performance" I call myself "Special Al". Really, does it get any better than "that"?

alisha said...

I don't know if it can get "better" than your "performance" in the "bean" museum parking lot. I mean I "believe that it can and I am dying to see it. in fact I might barge into your classroom this very moment and ask for a performance. You'll have to try and hold yourself back from jumping up on stage with the salsa club too.

Alicia said...

So, Alisha, are you "coming" with us tonight?