Thursday, May 15, 2008

Freedom Festival

Okay, I just stepped WAY out of my comfort zone! Abby asked me if I wanted to participate in the 5K "fun" run on the 4th of July. I said yes. What was I thinking? I started "training" today. WOW!!!!!! I am extremely out of shape. My kids went jogging with me today. When I told them I was out of shape, Jordan replied, "No you're not, mom, you have a lot of curves." What the heck?! I worry about that boy. Anyway, to save you all pain, I am not posting a picture of myself in the early stages of my training. HEY! I heard you shout for joy. RUDE! :-) By the way, Doug is "running" too. Perhaps it will be a 5K "fun" walk?!?! We'll see..........

8 comments:

abby said...

Don't worry, I will be way slower than you!!

Alicia said...

You don't have to be way slower, how about being equally slow?

alisha said...

i am not concerned about being slow or fast, just finishing

Alicia said...

I know I will finish--I may walk to the end, but I will finish. I just don't want to finish last. So, Alisha, would you make the sacrifice and let me beat you by 1 step? :-)

Tanya said...

You go girl!! I keep thinking that someday we'll do a family run too. But that day is not in the next...hmm... two years, at least!! :)

Alicia said...

I am jealous though, Tanya. My old body just won't do the "magic" anymore. How are you feeling?

Tanya said...

Ok, I have a legitimate excuse for being totally clueless at this point and I'm honestly embarrassed. What's the magic??? See how my brain just doesn't function??

Alicia said...

Hey, Tanya, no reason to be embarrassed! My body won't "magically" create a fetus anymore. I don't know if it's from my cysts or Doug's diabetes, or a little of both. I'm pretty sure since I act like I am 12 most of the time it has NOTHING to do with me being old! I haven't ever felt like 4 was it for us, but maybe it is!