Wednesday, July 14, 2010

. . .and Donny Osmond asked about ME!!!! :)

Last week at camp we had a "special" visitor. Donny Osmond's son was up there and so he, Donny, came to spend a few days with him. I was telling my younger three that he was there and trying to explain to them who he was. Lexie's comment was, "WHO IS OZZIE OSMOND??" Talk about an interesting combination!! :)

The only way I could think to explain him was to compare him to someone in their lives. I told them about the TV show he and Marie were on when I was little--still no recognition. However, when I said, he and his sister were kind of like the Jonas Brothers, they freaked out! "NO WAY," they said, "that is SO cool! Has he been in any movies?" When they learned he was a voice in Mulan and the original Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, they were super excited.

On Wednesday afternoon, I had to come down to the valley for a doctors appt. Because of possible complications with my pregnancy, I ended up having to stay down all day Thursday for some tests (everything came back normal, by the way), and when we got back up to camp on Friday, he was already gone, so we didn't get to meet him. Doug had a really nice hour-long conversation with him about his childhood, Scouting, etc.

The funniest thing, though, was when he went into the Trading Post where Mikayla was working. This "guy" came in and asked her how her mom was doing. Obviously Doug had told him about my pregnancy. She told him about how excited we were for this baby to come, but her youngest brother was almost ten, so it had been quite a shock. He told her that his family was much the same way. Then, he told her he was Donny Osmond. She had no idea she had been talking to someone "famous" the whole time. She got his autograph and has been using it for her bookmark ever since and our whole camp has been singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You." In fact, he heard one of our staff members singing it and sang it as a duet with her. Pretty exciting stuff, huh? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry you missed him. Did anyone grab a photo? Super cool.

Tanya said...

How fun! He sounds like a really nice guy. Bummer you didn't get to see him in person.