Sunday morning I woke up at about 5:00 with a horrible kink in my neck. By the time my family got home from church it had moved down my back making it extremely painful to breathe. Doug and I decided that if I took a REALLY hot shower it might help loosen things up. I tried that. All it managed to do was wipe me out! We decided to head into the ER. I was in so much pain by that point that I couldn't bend enough to get in the little car and the passenger's side door on our van doesn't open. I knew I wouldn't be able to crawl across the driver's side seat. So there I sat, in the middle of the driveway, sobbing, while my kids are in the house also sobbing because they were worried about me. It gets better........Doug called the ambulance to come transport me. They show up with a fire truck AND 2 sheriff vehicles, of course drawing out half of the neighborhood. I can now hear Lexie in the house hysterical. The paramedic is trying to get my info and I'm telling him to send Doug in the house to let the kids know I'm really okay. Can you say humiliating? So, they get me on the stretcher, load me into the ambulance and my little neighbor lady next door is sitting on her front porch yelling, "What's going on over there?"
We got to the ER where I spent about 6 hours until I was finally admitted. I spent Sunday night, Monday, and came home today (Tuesday) hanging out in the hospital. CRAZY!!!! My family came to visit me last night for Family Home Evening. Lexie and Hunter were worried that I didn't have any cards or decorations in my room so they grabbed some paper towels and made me some pictures.

A family picture

Me in my bed while Hunter is handing me a gift.

Again, me in the hospital bed with my family gathered around.

Jordan went to the gift shop to get me a surprise. He didn't realize how expensive things were there, so he got me a cinnamon roll instead. MUCH tastier than a teddy bear! :)
Once again, my mom came to my rescue! Thanks for your help, Mom! She hung out with me, brought me books, straightened my house, and made me dinner!
It sure is good to be home!

5 comments:
Oh that is terrible! What a memorable thanksgiving :). Did they find out what caused it all? I seriously think you have had your fair share of health issues.
Sounds like a good time. Glad you are better.
Love ya,
Joey & Liz
I am glad you are home and doing better! I love all of the artwork! So sweet.
What a scare...glad you are feeling better.
I didn't know any of this happened. I'm soooo sorry! Did they find out what was wrong? If there is anything I can do ever let me know, if this happens again or if something else comes up seriously just call me up and order a dinner or something. I'm glad your mom was there to help. Aren't they wonderful!
Post a Comment