Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Classroom Giggles

For those of you who were not aware, I teach 5th grade part-time. My hours are 7:30-12:15, which is PERFECT, and then my friend Abby teaches in the afternoon. Yesterday we got this note from one of our students. It made me laugh!!!! (Names have been changed to protect the guilty!)
"Susie Que has read 500 minutes. I would not give her
money for the book fair. So if you could give her some
money at least $5.00. Thank you. Susie's Mom"
Hmmmm, tempting! What do you think, would that note trick you? :-) I LOVE working with children. Their minds move so quickly you have to stay on your toes!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Lesley Talty said...

We both like warm cookies, that is how I got to see your blog! I teach also... I started teaching adults watercolor. One of my first "demo's" ie. watercolor, was at an elementary school. I did a small watercolor of a painted dragon!

The kids LOVED it. Warm cookies and painting go hand in hand for me... instant pleasure.

Good to meet you, Lesley Talty

The Millers said...

I love that the mom "would" not give her money--I wonder what the discussion was in the house that morning before school?

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

The bigger question is what her mom said AFTER we showed her the note. I would have loved to be the proverbial fly on the wall that night! :-)

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

Funny story/note. I admire you for your work you do with your students. I always wanted to be a teacher then got into sign language so I majored at college in Deaf Education but then switched to interpreting, I LOVE it! I hope to interpret in a school one day. I did some before I got married for the School for the Deaf and Blind. Anyway, is the early teaching time working alright with your health? Is the mono letting up? I know I have to get tons of sleep to feel slightly normal. Which hardly ever happens with the two little ones- oh well.