Anyway. . . during the whole first part of the break, everytime one of my siblings' babies had stinky diapers, I would give Doug a high five and say, "I'm so glad our baby is 9!", which means we haven't had stinky diapers for a VERY long time. Well, you know the whole "The Lord works in mysterious ways?" business. Yeah, it's true. On Jan. 1, I realized things were not quite "right" with me so. . .

No worries, that is not my actual test, but that's pretty much what it looked like. OH BOY is the least I can say. I know this is SUPER early to be telling people, I'm not even due until the first part of September, but I wanted to tell me family since I had to eat crow and apologize and since I was so teary at that point anyway, I knew they wouldn't be too hard on me.
We are adjusting to the surprise. The kids are super excited, Doug can stand up without having his legs buckle underneath him, and I am getting pretty excited, too. But its going to be a pretty long pregnancy since we will have known about it for so long.
So there you go, happy birthday to me! My sisters did tell me it's not considered a geriatric pregnancy until you are 40. Sigh--at least that's a relief! :)

10 comments:
SHUT UP! I'm so glad I'm not you and so happy for you at the same time.
Yeah. . . :)
Holy Cow!!! I am glad the kids are excited. I am stunned. I didn't realize that you are older than me! And adding a new little bundle of joy? What will you do about work? Isn't life just full of surprises? I go in on Monday for my hysterectomy. Pretty scary I thought until I read your post. I wouldn't trade places, but I am happy for you. and on an even more sarcastic note.... the dr.'s do know how to stop these things ya know. Tell Doug to man up. Randy had his Vasectomy and was back at his physical job in just a couple of days. Tell Doug how sexy that would make him to you..
Congrats! Such unexpected but WONDERFUL news. Can't wait to meet the newest member of the family!
Amazing, so amazing. Congrats to you both.
Congratulations! Rylee came from church Sunday and told me. My parents were in much the same situation. They were both 39 and "done". In fact, my dad had been into the dr. to "prevent" such an occurrence. The Lord definitely does work in mysterious ways. I was 17 when their little surprise arrived. Although is isn't what you planned I know this little bundle will turn out to be such a great blessing to you and your family. :)
Looks like Sara and Holly better look out. There's something about that 5th grade team...
Wow! I think that is all I can say. I am very excitied for you guys! At least all your kids are grown and can function on their own so you can focus on the baby. love ya!
okay, I am feeling just a bit guilty about my sarcasm from the last post. You have a wonderful family and are both great parents. Your baby is lucky to go to such a great family. Plus your kids are going to absolutely love, love, this baby! I bet you will have to referee who's turn it is to help with the baby because they will all want to. Take care, I hope your pregnancy goes well for you.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I bet hunter is so excited! :) I am remembering a conversation we had at EVES a few years back...about "feeling like someone is missing" :) Not sure if you remember that but basically I am very happy for you! Best wishes!
Post a Comment