Sunday, April 13, 2008

Update on our "Casanova"


Our boy was rejected, but no worries, he is recovering quickly with the gummy worms and soda he was able to purchase with the promised prize money. Ahhhhh, to be young again!

10 comments:

alisha said...

I have to know, who is (was) the lucky girl?

Alicia said...

I believe it was Tiana. However, since Sara gets to spend more time with my son than I do, you'll have to check with her to be sure. ;-) What a goofy kid!

dieselandthemrs said...

Yes, Tiana WAS the lucky girl! :)

Tanya said...

My poor Jordan. How is he handling it? I want more details. What did he say? What did she say? What kid that age has $20 to give to another kid? Details Alicia!!

Alicia said...

The "payee" always has extra money. I have no idea where he gets it! I'm pretty sure the "practice" girls let Tiana know what was coming. He told me he said, "You know, like the normal thing" (imagine hand gestures). Me: "What thing?' Jordan: "You know" (more hand gestures). Me: "What did she say?" Jordan: "No." There you go. True communication between a mother and her preteen.

Tanya said...

Oh I see...there ARE no details at that age. Just straight up "no" with no explaining. I like the simplicity! I think I could learn a big lesson from this.

Alicia said...

Like what lesson? Ask 12 girls out before you get to the one you want so then the NO doesn't sting quite so badly? As I said, GOOFY KID--GOOFY AGE!!!! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!;-)

Lori said...

Jordan is silly

Tanya said...

I was thinking along the lines of.... if I just say "no" to people and leave it at that. Don't try to explain all the details. I dig myself deeper sometimes trying to get myself out of stuff. I should just leave it at no without the why and excuses.

But I'll agree that it is a goofy age!

Alicia said...

Valid point, Tanya! Sometimes it's best to quite while you're ahead. Maybe someday I'll learn that lesson! :-)